DIY: Ribbon Garland
(I made this earthy beauty for my sister-in-law's Bridal Shower.)
- Various types of ribbon. (I used various types too, sheer, burlap, lace, sheer with pearls.)
- Tape Measure
1. Measure the ribbon and Cut.
I measured up to 30 inches folded over. If unfolded it would measure 60 inches.
2. Wrap twine around a sturdy surface.
I used the back of a dinning room chair. This really helped with keeping the ribbon from getting tangled among each other. It was easy to move the ribbon around as well.
3. Slip ribbon across twine to form a knot.
See photos below. Create a loose knot in case you want to fix and even out the ends. Loose knots also make it easier to adjust along the twine.
4. Knot and create a pattern.
I alternated the ribbon and moved them around until I created a pattern that I really liked.
Wa-la! Now you have your very own Ribbon Garland!
This was so easy to make, I'm hoping to make more for different seasons and events!
Stay crafty my friends!